If you follow me on Facebook perhaps you saw my announcement about not attending Wizard’s Way in Fayetteville, AR, on the 21st and 22nd, due to the Coronavirus outbreak? Today, I’ve received notice the event is re-scheduled for May 16-17.
While we are back on the schedule, I doubt we will attend with our author’s table. However, I will keep you updated here on if it changes.
Meanwhile, I know you are being inundated with news so let me keep this simple:
WASH YOUR HANDS. Soap destroys the virus and is the easiest solution for staying healthy.
LIMIT SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT. Seriously folks! Just become a hermit for three weeks and this whole thing would be over. If you must go to work (we all have to live), keep social distance (6-10 feet between you and others).
STAY HEALTHY – MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY
- Keep your diet healthy with plenty of veg and fruit. We bought a lot of frozen fruit so we could do smoothies as this keeps longer.
- Exercise. Lots of really great (and free) YouTube videos on Yoga, stretching, indoor cardio, and strength training. Also, walking outdoors! Exercise increases white blood cell count.
- Plenty of sleep. Get to a regular sleep routine. Turn off electronic devices about 2 hours prior to sleep.
- De-stress. Play card or board games, online games, meditate, read, listen to music or podcasts, and/or do a craft that involves your hands (knitting, painting, drawing, etc.).
- Stay connected. It’s time to learn to use Skype or Facetime to meet with others.
Things are rather scary right now but there is no need to panic. Healthy people are the least at risk, while those with pre-existing conditions of hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, or suppressed immune systems need to take the most care.
Each area of the world is taking their precautions; I believe it is best to err on the side caution.